Hospitals & Healthcare
State of the art medical facilities abound in Dallas. Many of the major hospital centers consistently rank as top in the nation. Quality health care is easily available, with two dozen hospitals in DFW and over 5,400 direct care physicians, over 20,000 registered nurses, and over 1,400 dentists in Dallas County alone.
U.S. News & World Report 2010 hospital rankings:
- Children’s Medical Center Dallas is ranked 5th in the nation in pediatric orthopedics, 8th in pediatric nephrology, 14th in pediatric cancer, 15th in pediatric gastroenterology, 19th in pediatric urology and nationally ranked in the top 40 in five other categories.
- Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas is ranked in the top 50 in six categories.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center is ranked in the top 45 nationally in two categories of care.
Outstanding Healthcare Assets
- Three Active Nobel Laureates are on faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
- Two Level 1 trauma centers: Parkland Memorial and Baylor University Medical Center.
- Children’s Medical Center Dallas is the only Level 1 pediatric trauma center in Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Three DFW schools of higher education in health sciences.