About the International Business & Protocol Services Office
In October 2005, the Office of Economic Development of the City of Dallas created the Office of International Business and Protocol Services, an international team that focuses on international business development. The mission of the International Business office is to facilitate international investment and global business collaboration with an emphasis on increasing the tax base and employment in the City of Dallas. Over the past several years, the Office of International Business has contributed to the recruitment efforts of more than 20 international companies to the Dallas metroplex, 17 of them being Chinese companies. This international business recruitment has had a direct effect on Dallas employment, creating more than 200 jobs.
The primary goal of the International Business office is to increase international investment and create jobs in Dallas through the recruitment of foreign companies. Dallas is in the process of developing the International Inland Port of Dallas (IIPOD), which will allow the City to become the premier logistics hub in North America. IIPOD will expedite the process for shipments from international locations, facilitating distribution in the United States. The initial focus of our foreign recruitment efforts is in Asia (with a special emphasis on China) and on the NAFTA countries, (with a special emphasis on Mexico). In addition to focusing on leading companies in targeted Asian and Latin American countries, our recruitment efforts are guided by the Dallas Industry Strategy developed by the Office of Economic Development.
The City of Dallas’ Office of International Business offers many resources and services to help your foreign company establish a presence in the United States. We provide individual and corporate assistance in entering the U.S. market, opening an office in the U.S., and establishing your corporate presence within the Dallas community. We are here to help make the transition easy and uncomplicated. We can provide assistance in:
- Contacting and interacting with city, state and federal government offices and agencies to assist you with tax, permitting, and other regulatory issues.
- Explaining and answering questions about tax incentives and other economic development incentives available from the City of Dallas.
- Referrals to appropriate banking institutions, real estate providers, immigration or corporate lawyers, and insurance entities.
- Site selection needs to help locate office, warehouse or retail space that meets your price and space requirements.
- Arranging for tours of Dallas’ business parks for potential investors.
- Coordinating meetings with international delegations, business leaders, and potential investors.
- Making contact with your country’s local trade offices and bi-national chambers of commerce in Dallas.
Protocol Services & The World Affairs Council
Since February 2003, the City of Dallas has contracted with the World Affairs council of Dallas/Fort Worth for economic development and protocol services.
- Working with the Mayor, City Council Members and City staff to promote Dallas to the world and market Dallas to international dignitaries visiting the City
- Supporting international business development to promote foreign investment, particularly in the southern sector
- Managing the Sisters Cities International program
- Providing protocol and logistical support for international delegations visiting DallasFor more information on the Dallas Protocol office please visit the World Affairs Council Dallas Protocol Website.